Sunday, March 22, 2009

HAIR HAIR HAIR!!!



As you all know, I am currently a student at Toni & Guy hair dressing academy, and i love it!!! March 18 was our annual hair show. It is out on as a runway fashion hair show. The students (me) select a model and you have to do thier hair, make up and wardrobe, basically everything about them and down to every detail. You can choose to enter one of five catagories: Cut, Colour, Texture, Avante Garde or Modern Man. I was entered in the texture catagory. Essetially, for texture you have to show the maximum texture of the models hair, ie: curls, crimps, perms, wraps and so forth. I chose to do a route tonging curl all over my models head. It took about 5 hours to completely finish her hair, but as you see in the pictures, I only used her natual hair there is no weave or extensions used, amazingly!

I ended up taking first place in my catagory!!!!! Now, I get to head down to Dallas texas in April to compete again in anouther runway show as well have my work published and have a portfolio put together by a paid for professional phtotgrapher!....PINCH ME!

This show was amazing, so much fun and I learned so much about the industry I want to head into!...keep me in your prayers!

Also, thinking about everything just even 6 months ago I would have never in my life thought I would be where I am right now. God is always surprising me! But I love what i am doing and I cant wait to see where I can go next!

No comments: